Last updated: 5/05/2022
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
Products and services that we offer may supersede or have supplemental details about information collection, use and sharing relating to those products and services. Please read those policies carefully before using the product or service.
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US
We collect and store information you provide through our Distritech Services. The information we collect from you includes things such as:
- Postal address
- Email address
- Phone number
- Payment card number and other payment information
In certain situations, we may also collect things like:
- Driver's license information (for example, if you apply for credit)
- Tax ID number (for example, if you apply for credit)
- Location information (such as when you use our digital properties)
- Survey responses
INFORMATION YOU GIVE US ABOUT OTHERS
You may give us information about other people, such as the name and address of a recipient, or the name and contact information of someone who will pick up items for you. We will only use this information for the specific reason you provide it.
INFORMATION FROM OTHER SOURCES
We may receive information about you from other sources, including third parties that help us update, expand, and analyze our records and identify new customers, and provide products and services that may be of interest to you.
INFORMATION COLLECTED AUTOMATICALLY ONLINE
We collect information about your interactions with us including, for example:
- The type of device or browser you’re using
- Your IP address
- Your browsing behavior while on our website
- The URLs of the websites you visited before visiting our site (these are called “referring URLs”)
- A numeric identifier for your mobile device
- MAC address (another kind of numeric identifier for your internet device)
We may permit third-party service providers to collect and process some information from our digital properties. While some web browsers have a “Do Not Track” feature, these features are not yet uniform across browsers. Our Distritech Services are not currently set up to respond to those signals.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. The 'Help' feature on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, how to block cookies, and when cookies will expire. If you block all cookies on your browser, neither we nor third parties will transfer cookies to your browser. If you do this, however, you may have to manually adjust some preferences every time you visit a site and some features and services may not work.
Some of our digital properties may collect your location to, for example, determine whether to provide you with content, information, and notices that may be required by law based on your location.
Mobile devices and browsers often provide users with the ability to adjust settings related to location. If you do not want us to collect specific location information, you may modify the location services on your mobile device’s or browser settings. We have no control over your device’s settings. And adjusting these settings does not completely eliminate the ability of others to develop location information about your device.
REVIEWS AND OTHER CONTENT YOU PROVIDE
Our websites may offer publicly accessible forums or reviews. Be aware that anyone who accesses these areas may read, collect, and use the information you provide.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to operate and provide the digital properties we offer you. Some of these purposes include:
- Customizing your digital experience
- Fulfilling orders and requests for products, services, or information
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Tracking and confirming online orders
- Marketing and advertising products and services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Preventing and identifying fraud and other illegal activity
- Engaging in internal uses such as data analytics with the purpose of enhancing existing and creating new products and services
- Complying with and enforcing applicable legal requirements, contractual obligations, relevant industry standards, and our policies
INFORMATION WE MAY SHARE
We do not sell your personal information to others. We share your information only in the ways we describe below. We may combine or share information among current or future Distritech companies, including affiliates and subsidiaries.
We may share your information with third parties to perform services on our behalf such as:
- Fulfilling orders and delivering packages
- Providing customer care and technical support, including servicing products
- Sending marketing communications and providing advertising services
- Personalizing the customer experience on our digital properties
- Fulfilling subscription services
- Conducting research and analysis
- Processing credit card payments
- Detecting fraud and other illegal activity
We also may share personal information in connection with co-branded product or service offerings (including sharing personal information with business partners to validate offers). Additionally, we may share personal information in connection with financial products or services related to our business, such as providing a line of credit.
Sometimes we may be required to share personal information for legal reasons, for example, if we are required to do so by a regulation, court order, subpoena or other legal process. We may also share information when we believe it is necessary to comply with the law or to respond to a government request, or when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect us, our customers, or others.
We may share personal information in the event of a corporate sale, merger, acquisition, joint venture, reorganization, divestiture, dissolution, liquidation, or similar event.
PROTECTING CHILDREN’S PRIVACY
We do not knowingly solicit or collect personal information from children under the age of 13 without parental consent. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under age 13 without parental consent, we will promptly delete that information. If you believe that a child under age 13 may have provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us as specified in the “Contact us” section of this policy.
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
We design our systems with your security and privacy in mind, but also recognize that we cannot and do not guarantee the security of information transmitted to us. Some of the ways we work to protect your information include:
- We use encryption protocols and software during the transmission of information from your browser.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of customer personal information. Our security procedures mean that we may ask to verify your identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. We recommend using a unique password for your account that is not used for other online accounts. Be sure to sign off when finished using a shared computer.
CHOICES YOU HAVE
You may at any time:
● Stop receiving marketing or promotional emails, direct mail, phone, and mobile marketing communications
● Update and correct your personal information
● Deactivate your account
● Request removal of information you post on our digital properties; in some cases, we may not be able to remove your content or personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why
To do any of these, let us know by one of these methods:
● Follow the directions in a marketing email, direct mail, or mobile communication that you receive from us
● Provide your request and current contact information through the “Contact Us” information below
FOR CALIFORNIA USERS
You may also have the right under the California Consumer Privacy Act to request information about the collection of your personal information by us, or access to or deletion of your personal information. If you wish to do any of these things, please reach out to us using the “Contact Us” information below. Depending on your data choices, certain services may be limited or unavailable.
HOW TO CONTACT US
Questions about this policy should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org